"Nancy thought she was the only one who loved to knit but then she met some Brown Owls and together they knitted and crocheted a host of woolen treats."

After 2 successful exhibitions as part of the Adelaide Fringe Festival, Knitting Nancy is back for a 3rd time in 2013 with Knitting Nancy's Aviary.

Knitting Nancy is an ever changing group of artisans who gather their knitting and crochet skills together to create exhibitions of textile wonderment in the fair city of Adelaide, Australia.
If you are interested in joining Knitting Nancy please contact: irving-baby@hotmail.com

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Piece of cake!

Every time I try to post I forget where the button is to do a new post and it takes me about 10 minutes of clicking before I see its tiny little face up the top. But I'm here now and with a new picture of the cake that I'm knitting! Excuse my terrible photo-taking skills, which usually involves terrible backgrounds (laptop), less than ideal lighting and just generally cutting off of bits (which are usually heads in photos of people).

I'd really like to crochet a doilie for it to sit on, but I don't know how to crochet. I did buy a hook but I'll really have to get on with it if it's going to happen. I'm looking at doing some other bits and pieces like biscuits, cupcakes and finger sandwiches. Hope everyone else's things are coming along well, by the sounds of it they are!!

2 comments:

  1. I'll do a doilie for you - would love to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cherry, I've just found some knitted doilie patterns but they look pretty daunting.. I'll see if I can have a go, but I'll let you know ASAP if I need your help and the details! Would it take you long to do it? Thanks heaps!! Bec

    ReplyDelete