"Nancy thought she was the only one who loved to knit but then she met some Brown Owls and together they knitted and crocheted a host of woolen treats."

After 2 successful exhibitions as part of the Adelaide Fringe Festival, Knitting Nancy is back for a 3rd time in 2013 with Knitting Nancy's Aviary.

Knitting Nancy is an ever changing group of artisans who gather their knitting and crochet skills together to create exhibitions of textile wonderment in the fair city of Adelaide, Australia.
If you are interested in joining Knitting Nancy please contact: irving-baby@hotmail.com

Monday, February 22, 2010

The Gift That Inspired An Exhibition


This cute fella arrived in the post unexpectedly...he had traveled from Perth to Adelaide as a surprise gift from my long-time friend, Rachel.
Rachel has recently revived her interest in crochet and shares her latest wool plans with me over the phone. Like a lot of friendships, life and distance can get in the way but I love to share in her enthusiasm, whatever her current obsession.
Thus began the idea for the "Knitting Nancy" exhibition.
Thanks to the 11 wonderful crafters who joined me in celebrating the wonderful world of wool and to all the visitors who make their way onto this blog and Irving Baby! 83 Hindley Street Adelaide to see the exhibition.
You never know where an act of kindness can lead... and I believe some socks are heading my way soon x

1 comment:

  1. Yes indeed, thanks Trenna and all the Brown Owls for making Knitting Nancy a reality! Also I've just learnt to crochet so hopefully someday I'll have my very own super-cute Totoro!

    ReplyDelete